Possible bug in the CRUD modal popup?

Feb 25, 2011 at 4:39 AM

Hey o,

I have the live demo on VS development server download of the Feb 5 release you put out for the live demo. It seems as if there is a bug in the CRUD modal popup. I thought it was just my code, but i was able to duplicate it in the development server version.

Steps to duplicate

1. Run the development server
2. Click on foobar under "Combined demos"
3. Click "Edit"

Next Steps depend on the browser you use...

Firefox/Chrome
1. With the edit window open, hit the resize window button in between minimize and close. You should see the modal window grow in size.
2. Maximize window, it stays the same
3. Close modal window
4. Hit any edit and the window will now be super sized

IE 8
1. Hit the edit button, it will be maximized immediately

Firefox/Chrome altenate method
1. click edit
2. open firebug
3. window will have expanded once firebug is run

In my normal code i was able to duplicate it by creating the basic  "hey" popup on your instrucables page.

Let me know if you need screenshots or if you want me to put together a mini app that duplicates it again...

Thanks!

Andy

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2011 at 7:10 AM
Edited Feb 25, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Hi Andy,

Just download the latest version

I think this was in the previous or previous to previous version, related to fullscreen

you can try the live demo link and see that it's not there anymore

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I just redownloaded the latest version. I do see coding changes in the cruds.cshtml from what i currently have and the project does work now... I'll update my DLLs and make the appropriate coding changes and report back any issues... Thanks for the quick response!

--Oh and it also explains my last question about the #more not working properly for me.

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2011 at 2:10 PM

btw cruds.cshtml I kinda forgot about it, and the syntax is not really correct in there (stuff like @=, I used a tool and global replace when I converted from aspx to cshtml)

actually the cruds.aspx is used cuz it's present in there and mvc first looks at aspx files and after cshtml

Feb 26, 2011 at 2:13 AM

yea i noticed the cshtml was busted  before lol ... was an easy fix.. @= to @( )

For the issue i had, i i cleared the cache, replaced the awesome.js/css and the dlls and it seemed to work as advertised.Tested against IE, Chrome and FF 3ish...

thanks again!