Possible bug in @Html.MakePopupForm of awesome live demo project

May 17, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Recently I have downloaded the latest version of awesome live demo project and run successfully. However, I have noticed an issue while retrieving the edit dialog content back from database in the People Management Screen (http://localhost/awe/person). The issue is, if I edit a record at first time, it popup the edit dialog with proper values, modify them and click on OK to save changes, the grid is reflected with new changes. Now click on edit on same row, the old values are shown in the popup dialog.(In debug mode, it is not calling Edit action during second time edit). How do I solve this Issue?

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM

this is a known issue with ajax requests and Internet Explorer (which caches everything), usually fixed by sending an additional parameter which has a random value

I remember I did this for the prodinner project and it looks like I forgotten to do the same for awesome

you can try doing the same here: http://mrgsp.md:8080/prodinner/country it should work properly

I will do the changes (right now I don't remember what changes ) for awesome live demo and let you know about what needs to be done

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Edited May 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM

ok, found it

the problem is with IE browsers (8,9)

in Crudere above the Edit(int id) action this has to be added: [OutputCache(Location = OutputCacheLocation.None)]//for ie8

also in cruds.cshtml for the js edit function add an additional parameter ( ie8: Math.Random() ) 

and in cruds.cshtml ae_interactive has to be changed to $ae.interactive //this is not related to this problem but will show an error in firebug

(all this changes can be seen in prodinner.codeplex.com)

I replaced the downloads for the live demo and live demo on vs dev server

---------------------

after all these changes, you have to clear the cache of IE and restart it ( I cleared 2 times to get the effect, don no why), ctrl+shift+delete check all needed and ok

May 21, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Thanks you so much for immediate response and the changes you have suggested are worked fine.