Suggestion: AjaxCheckBoxList Needs AwesomeParameter support

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:24 AM

I found a need for a checkbox list. I found your project and it is very impressive. What can I say? when you need a checkboxlist you really need one! :)

After reading your examples and incorporating your code into my project I discovered an annoying limitation with the AjaxCheckBoxList and AjaxRadioButtonList helpers: they are rigid without the AwesomeParameter dictionary support. As an example, what if I need my check box list filtered by an additional parameter? Since AjaxDropDownList used AwesomeParameters I assumed AjaxCheckBoxList would also do this, but I was wrong. 

I extended AjaxCheckBoxListInfo, AjaxCheckBoxListParams, and AjaxCheckBoxListHelpers to add the extra filter parameter I needed. I dragged a few of the internal extension methods along for the ride because the Html helpers depend on them (ReadMeta, FromModel, DefaultController etc.).

Your code is very good and its easier to extend than write from beginning, but the AwesomeParameter support (like AjaxDropDownList) would have saved me an hour or two of hunting and hacking.

Jul 1, 2011 at 10:06 AM

hi,

good job !!!

It just happened that I needed a checkboxlist and radiolist for my work project so I quickly did some, without the awesomeparameters for now

of course they are going to have this feature in the next versions