Lookup with extra parameters

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Hi,

How can I pass additional information to a lookup controller? When adding [AwesomeParameters(...)] to the model, the awesomeparameters are passed in the first call (this goes to index), but the second and third call (to selected and search) don't get the information. Is there any way to get the awesome parameters to be passed to all the methods?

Best regards,

Jeroen.

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2011 at 6:38 AM

no, atm there isn't

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Could you give some tips on where to get started?

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Hi, I added this functionality for AjaxCheckBoxList and I will try to make it work for Lookup as well. Could you add these changes to the core?

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I will rewrite (from scratch) the next version,

and it is going to have all of this,

I did this already but for the ASP.net Web-Forms Version, (you can see it on www.aspnetawesome.com)

Nov 19, 2011 at 5:14 PM

It would be nice to know what you are planning and when you think to release the next version. Will the API change?, 

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2011 at 6:17 PM

I want to keep the  API same, I'm not sure about helpers with 25 parameters in them, but probably it's ok since the .NET 4 named parameters

I'm planning to make it better, if you look at the web-forms version you'll notice some significant improvements

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM

The ASP.Net controls look promising. Are you planning to make the MVC controls licensed as well? Would this mean a roadmap, dedicated development and the possibility for feature requests?

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2011 at 6:47 AM

well, I'm always open to feature requests, this version is free but future versions most probably not

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:50 AM

If anyone needs additional parameters in a lookup controller: change line 112 (starts with $.post) in ~/views/shared/awesome/multilookuppopup.ascx to:

var plfm = $('#lsf<%=o %>').serializeArray();
    var pa = $("#<%=o%> input").map(function () { return $(this).attr("value"); }).get() ;
    for(var k in pa) plfm.push({name: "selected", value: pa[k]}); 
    $.post('<%=Url.Action("selected") %>', $.param(plfm, true),