Autocomplete on Paste (Ctrl+V)

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Hi,

We are using the AutoComplete control in our application and it is working fine. We have the following requirement and are it possible to achieve the same with this component?

Assume that user want to paste the “text” into the control using Ctrl+V, which is already present in the database, it should update the respective “value” field. Currently we need to select the text from the dropdown and it automatically updates value field.

Regards,

Chandru. BK

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 6:06 PM

sorry, could you confirm the requirement, at the moment it doesn't update the Id field on pasting ?

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Hi,

Here is the requirement.

Assume that I have in my database with following key value pair:

1 – TEXT1

2 – TEXT2

3 – TEXT3

When I start typing in the Auto complete box for TEXT2, it is available as dropdown item and when I select the TEXT2, the hidden field associated with the auto complete box is automatically updated with value = 2.

Normally, our users knows these texts and they will copy and paste into the auto complete box instead of selecting from the dropdown item. Assume that, if I paste the TEXT2 in to the auto complete box, it should automatically update the hidden field to the value = 2, but in the component, it is not happening.

Any suggestion/workaround is appreciated.

Regards,

Chandru. BK

Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:36 PM
To: Chandru B.K.
Subject: Re: Autocomplete on Paste (Ctrl+V) [awesome:280561]

sorry, could you confirm the requirement, at the moment it doesn't update the Id field on pasting ?

DISCLAIMER: This email message and all attachments are confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or to mailadmin@spanservices.com and destroy the original message.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of SPAN, shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by SPAN.