Not working in VS 2013, .NET 4.5.1, MVC 5 with Razor

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I installed this through nuget. I followed step by step the additional steps at 'http://awesome.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Installation'. But it does not work in my project. I keep getting: CS1061: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<dynamic>' does not contain a definition for 'Awe' and no extension method 'Awe' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<dynamic>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

On the code below. @Html.Awe().DatePicker("Date") I've downloaded the demo packages, and they work fine. However, I've noticed one small difference. Nuget installed Omu.Awesome.Mvc (note the . before MVC) and the demos have Omu.AwesomeMVC as the dll.

I can't see what I've done wrong here, I could manually fix this, but it should work when installed from Nuget?
Oct 14, 2014 at 8:05 PM
nuget has version 1.9 (the free version)
you can download the demo for 1.9 here https://awesome.codeplex.com/releases/view/66067
Oct 14, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Sorry, I am not sure what you are saying.

You said nuget has version 1.9.
You then say I can download 1.9 from the link above?

Are you saying I should uninstall nuget, and reinstall from codeplex manually? I have no problem doing that, I would rather let nuget manage it, but if nuget is not the correct version, then obviously that's not going to work.
Oct 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM
the latest version is 4.0 and the demo downloads from the main page are using it, 4.0 (starting with 2.0) is Omu.AwesomeMvc.dll

version 1.9 has Omu.Awesome.Mvc.dll

depends which you want to use the free 1.9 you can use nuget or link mention above, or get the source,

for the latest 4.0 you can download it from the downloads tab
Oct 14, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Oh, I think I see now! They are effectively 2 different flavors of the same code.

If I download the 4.0 version from the download tab, then is that completely free, or is that still require a purchase license? I understand that the one I get from the website does require a purchase. I tried to read thru the license, but the way I read it, the one in Codeplex appears to be free, but the one on the website is not.
Oct 15, 2014 at 5:51 AM
1.9 is free, 4.0 needs license